Member Bulletin 1 de Abril 2021
1- Participate in a short poll to select the topic of our next Brexit webinar
FERMA and AIRMIC are going to run a joint webinar on the impact of Brexit for corporate risk and insurance managers in May. We would like to hear from you about your main concerns and interests when it comes to Brexit and the new EU-UK partnership.
2- European Risk Management Awards 2021: applications open until end of May
Athina Pehrmann, Oliver Wild, Pim Moerman and Erik van Mensel, all very talented risk managers who entered the special outbreak Covid award in 2020. The call for applications for this year’s European Risk Management Awards is open until the end of May. Spread the word around you and/or nominate members and outstanding contribution to risk management. One of them may be the winner of our special public award : the Risk Resilience Initiative of the Year. For more information about the awards, check the website: Make your nomination here to enter the Awards.
3- – FERMA issues first sustainability risk guide for European risk managers
On 31 March, FERMA released the first guide specifically for European risk managers on sustainability risks. ”People, planet, performance – The contribution of Enterprise Risk Management to Sustainability” provides practical guidance on incorporating sustainability goals into enterprise-wide risk management. FERMA has taken examples of good practice of sustainability risk management from leading risk managers to produce the guide. We invite you to promote this guide to your members by posting an article on your webiste and sharing it on your social media channels. You are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any support in visuals.
4- Rimap: call for proposals
Rimap is moving into the next stage of its evolution. Our partnership with ANZIIF, our online exam platform provider, will terminate at the end of the year. Before approaching outside service providers, we want to find out if our members want to perform this task on behalf of FERMA and all member associations. In addition, FERMA is open to proposals related to training for Rimap, such as the creation of a preparatory course in English.
Proposals can be sent to Veronique.email@example.com by 30 April at the latest.
5- What’s new in our Advocacy work?
- Open insurance consultation – The European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) is currently consulting on the topic of Open insurance. This consultation is open to the public until 28 April and FERMA will respond to it. While there is no single definition of open insurance, this consultation investigates the potential benefits related to a more ‘open’ access to data that is currently held by insurers. FERMA has identified this as a key consultation to bring the voice of the corporate insurance and risk management community into the picture, since right now the focus is very much on individual consumers. FERMA will share more information with the committees in the coming weeks. If in the meantime you have any information on use cases of open insurance or would like to be more involved in this process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Captives update – On 11 March, FERMA held an exchange of views with EIOPA on its technical advice to the European Commission on Solvency II, focusing in particular on the principle of proportionality. EIOPA acknowledged FERMA’s important contributions on the topic of proportionality and made reference to our work several times. The European Commission is now working on its review of Solvency II. A replay of this exchange of views is available here.
- ELD Guidelines on Environmental Damage adopted – On 24 March, the European Commission published Guidelines on the meaning of ‘Environmental Damage’ under the Environmental Liability Directive (‘the ELD’). These guidelines stem from a 2019 amendment to the ELD requiring the Commission to issue non-legally binding guidelines on how environmental damage should be understood and interpreted. There is no legal change to the ELD, and these guidelines can only be interpreted authoritatively by the Court of Justice of the EU.
6- FERMA General Assembly and Board election
FERMA General Assembly will be held on 22 June remotely. The related information and instructions to join the online meeting will be sent to you in May.
This year, two seats on the FERMA Board of Directors will be up for election at the FERMA General Assembly. One current member is seeking re-election, Dirk Wegener, and one member has come to the end of her mandate, Isabel Martinez Tore-Enciso. The deadline for nomination of candidates is on 31 May 2021.
Links to application documents :
7- Replays are available for the two last FERMA webinars
- The replays and presentations are available for the following webinars:
- Global risks and resilience
- People, Planet & Performance – The contribution of Enterprise Risk Management to Sustainability
- 19 April: Joint webinar with ecoDa and ECIIA – The impact of the covid on the three lines of defense. Register here.
- May: Joint webinar with AIRMIC on Brexit