Member Bulletin 28 October 2020
1- Pandemic risk, COVID-19 survey closed and FERMA continues discussions at EU level
Over 300 corporate risk and insurance managers responded to FERMA’s COVID-19 survey, which closed on 21 October. FERMA would like to thank Members for their support of this initiative, and for promoting the survey among their membership.
The results of the survey will be published mid-November in a brochure and presented at a webinar. Members will also receive a breakdown of national data, with a comparison to the overall findings.
At EU-level, FERMA continues to contribute to the discussions around the topic of pandemic risk. EIOPA is keen to build on its Issues Paper of July, by working with its “exploratory group”—of which FERMA is part—on pandemics on three workstreams:
2/ capital market-solutions to coverage
3/ a possible multi-peril pool solution.
FERMA will contribute its survey results to workstreams 1 & 3.
Less positively, there has been little or no progress at the level of the Commission or Parliament. However, FERMA continues its outreach with these two institutions.
2- European Risk Management Seminar 2020: sessions’ replays and presentations are available on www.ferma.eu
Thank you for your support and active participation to the Seminar. The digital platform stays open until 12 November 2020 but you may now also access the replays of all sessions and presentations directly from the official FERMA website: click here.
3- Virtual European risk management awards’ week: save the date for live ceremony on Friday 11 December from 16:30-17:30 CET
We will celebrate risk management excellence with a virtual European Risk Management Awards’ week from 7 to 11 December. We are preparing a series of live webinars and recorded presentations. All the winners will be revealed during our live awards ceremony on Friday afternoon from 16:30 -17:30 CET, including the “Covid-19 Outbreak Special Award” for which you will be able to vote for the nominees during the entire week. Registration will open as from beginning of November.
Look out for more details about the event registrations on the Awards website.
4- Which are the latest updates in our advocacy work?
· On 20 October, FERMA’s Captives Committee had its 2020 kick-off meeting. This was primarily to finalise FERMA’s response to the Commission’s public consultation on the Solvency II Review, which you can find here.
· On 23 October, FERMA participated in an EIOPA workshop on the Solvency II review, where FERMA raised points on the principle of proportionality and captives. FERMA’s Captives Committee will work on a written contribution to the review and submit it to EIOPA by 5 November.
· October has been the EU Cybersecurity Month and FERMA’s work on digital topics has continued apace. For example, we contributed to the public consultation on the NIS Directive, which you can find here.
· In the area of sustainability, FERMA has also been very active in October. We published a statement (here) on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and promoted it at the EU CSR SDG Summit, emphasizing that partnerships are crucial to enhance resilience in these challenging times.
· FERMA’s Sustainability Committee is currently working on guidelines for risk managers on sustainability, which should be finalised in November
5- Virtual roundtables
Yesterday’s virtual roundtable on exchanging our experiences about digital events was really helpful to our network. Thank you for your participation. Please find the:
· PowerPoint presentation here.
· Link to download the replay here.
We will prepare a 2 minute survey about our communications activities: this link will be shared in December. The objective is to help us know what is useful to you and which areas we could improve. We will come back to you in January with the date of our next roundtable.
6- Don’t miss the Airmic ERM Forum 2020 on 3 November