1- Coronavirus: call for sharing good practice
As cases of corona virus (COVID19) spread in Europe, FERMA is collecting information and resources for risk managers. You can now consult our dedicated webpage with first feedback and material sent by AMRAE, ANRA and BELRIM: click here.
We invite you to send us useful content (articles, interviews, testimonials, videos, links) for sharing. We are also looking to organise a call for interested associations willing to share and exchange good practices. Contact us if you would like to take part in the call.
2- European Risk Manager Survey 2020: time to send reminders to convince your members to participate
With 563 respondents so far, we are still looking for more risk managers to give us a better representation of the profession at national and European level. The 2018 edition managed to gather 734 respondents with 3 waves of reminders. Our efforts in sending reminders and continuing promotion do certainly pay off and get us closer to our common target of 800 respondents!
Here are some key messages we suggest to share in your reminders:
• It’s the only survey that focuses on the risk manager profession per country and at European level. The data will be useful for their own benchmark.
• This 10th edition has a strong focus on Risk and Innovation with questions on Cyber and Artificial Intelligence.
• Maximum 15 minutes if you are both in charge of ERM and insurance
• Available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Russian
• Results are anonymous
• Closing date: 6 March
• You can pause the survey and come back at it whenever you want
• Don’t forget to press “submit” to finalise your survey
• LIVE WEBINAR on 19 May to discuss the results
• Visuals available for email, website and social media
• Early results are available for teaser (visuals will be available later this week)
• Current number of respondents per country
3- FERMA-Lloyd’s programme : extension of the deadline
A couple of places are still available to join the 2020-21 FERMA/Lloyd’s Professional Development Programme is a unique opportunity for risk managers across Europe to take part in a three-part programme and get a better understanding of the Lloyd’s (re)insurance market. You are invited to send the CV and motivation letter of your candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest on 13 March 2020.
4- European Risk Management Seminar 2020 : pre-registrations are open!
The 2020 Seminar will tackle the pressing issue of Corporate Risk and Finance. Topics like “Is insurance now on the risk register” and “How do you define and quantify your risk exposure” will set the scene of interactive sessions and workshops. The seminar is an exclusive event and free entrance for only 250 risk and insurance managers. Spread the word among your members to secure a seat and pre-register now on our website www.ferma-seminar.eu !
5- Invitation to participate in the 2020 RMIS Panorama
As every year, AMRAE publishes, in partnership with EY and with the support of FERMA, the Panorama of Risk Management Information Systems (RMIS), commonly referred to as “GRC technologies”.
This year there is no survey dedicated to the Risk managers but instead a survey for the insurers and brokers in order to find out if:
• the implementation of an RMIS by their client/insured has an impact on their relationship
• the fact that the insured uses a GRC type tool facilitates the renewal conditions
• it influences the commercial policy (pricing, …), etc.…
Your association is invited to participate in the 2020 RMIS Panorama. How? By disseminating the survey among your partners and sponsors: https://fr.surveymonkey.com/r/6PSL8X7
The survey is anonymous and in English. It takes less than 10 minutes to fill in and is to be completed by March 6.
It will give your association, your members and your partners free access to the 2020 RMIS Panorama report, including market analysis based on all Insurer/Broker feedbacks.
Please notify email@example.com by email if you intend to take part in the initiative and when the survey is shared to your partners.
6- AIRMIC and GVNW surveys on the insurance renewals 2019/2020: results are out
The surveys were conducted by Airmic and GVNW in January and February 2020. The results reveal very similar trends in both countries, stressing policyholder dissatisfaction with the handling of the changing conditions by insurers and brokers. Read their News release ”Hardening market is a long-term shift, warn Airmic and GVNW”: click here.
Reports are available here:
• AIRMIC Member survey: 2020 insurance environment
• GVNW Survey Renewal 2019/2020
7- Forum 2021 in Copenhagen: dates are confirmed
Save the Date! The next European Risk Management Forum will take place from 10-12 October 2021 in Copenhagen. Applications to join the Forum Programme Committee will be sent in the coming weeks.